You can help change a life!
Springs Learning Center relies on volunteers! We accept applications for volunteer tutors on an on-going basis.
- Tutors commit to work one-to-one with an adult learner one hour per week, although some tutors elect to work an hour and a half.
- Tutors may work with a small group of two learners if they wish.
- Training workshops are provided to teach volunteers about tutoring effectively. These workshops are scheduled at the convenience of volunteers.
- Tutors do not need to speak a language other than English.
- Some tutor/learner pairs choose to meet in local libraries: East Haven, Hamden, New Haven, North Haven, Guilford, Wallingford, West Haven.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer tutor, please call or email the Center – (203) 787-1025 or email@example.com – to schedule an information session with the director.
*Tutor In-Service is held annually one Saturday in October, 9:30 to 11:45am.
Help us help others!
If you are interested in volunteering in a capacity other than tutoring, please contact the Center at (203) 787-1025 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possibilities. Administrative help and assistance with periodic individual projects are welcome on a regular or one-time basis.